Proposal to Develop an e-Learning Portal for your School.
We hope that you, your learners and staff are safe during this period.
In our effort to support education, we hereby invite you to read the below proposal.
Also find it attached in PDF format.
Lead Developer, CyberCyde.
**START OF PROPOSAL**
Proprietor / Director / Principal /Administrator
PROPOSAL ON DEVELOPMENT OF E-LEARNING PLATFORM
We are a web-development company with clients cut across the country and internationally. We have a team of professional and experienced web and app developers. We are currently meeting the needs of schools during this extended lock-down period occasioned by the global pandemic.
During this period, we have created a unique e-Learning platform that can be deployed for your school to help you keep learners engaged while generating income for your school.
How it works:
- We will develop and deploy the e-learning platform tailored to your school’s unique specifications (logo, design, content, access fees etc).
- Your teachers can record video lessons, accompanied with some notes for upload on the platform (you may limit lessons to core subjects only and determine video length).
- The school management decides how much to charge for weekly access to the video lessons on the platform per learner.
- We will train your ICT Staff on Video Compression, Lesson Upload to the Platform and manual access to the portal for the day-to-day running of the platform.
- Learners cannot access the lessons unless they pay to enroll for the week.
- The school can charge a weekly access fee based on what you feel most of the parents can afford.
- You may decide to make the first week’s lessons free or subsidized so that parents and learners can familiarize themselves with the platform.
- Some client schools charge as low as N500 per week, some up to N7,000 per week.
- Teachers may only be required to work part-time to record videos once a week.
For example, a client school has had more than 400 weekly enrollments since they deployed the platform six weeks ago at N5,000 per week access charge. i.e., N5000 X 400 = N2,000,000.
(Note that revenue will defer per school based on the parents’ participation in the e-learning.)
Due to the technical aspects of the platform, we will train your ICT Staff for free on best practices for uploading and maintaining the e-learning platform. This training can be conducted remotely via Zoom, and video lessons provided to the ICT Staff. A typical training lasts for 3hrs with continuous re-training as may be needed.
The cost of developing and deploying the platform has been subsidized with the help of our partners – The Nigeria Spelling Bee, by 50%. This brings the cost to N70,000 only. This includes the cost of the domain name to be used and server costs.
There is a monthly video-hosting cost of N5,000 per month after the first month, as long as video lessons keep being uploaded.
While the platform may be decommissioned after normal school resumption, you may decide to use it as your school’s official website or have it for use during long holidays.
Deployment Time Frame:
The platform can be ready to accept video lessons and learners within three to seven days once we are engaged to start working with you.
A sample of the e-learning platform can be assessed on https://elearning.cybercyde.com.ng for your perusal. We advise you to go through the sample website with your ICT Staff to determine its fit for your unique school needs.
You can download this proposal as a PDF FILE HERE.
We look forward to working with you.
Love JOSHUA MODEBE
No 5,Market Close, Behind First Bank, Sabo, KD-NG.
This is a limited time offer. It has been subsidized for your school because your students have previously participated in the Nigeria Spelling Bee competition. The stated cost is NOT the typical cost outside of this offer.
***This offer has now been expanded to cover non-participating schools.
**END OF PROPOSAL**